The United Methodist Church serves about 1,300 campuses worldwide through campus ministries that provide a space for students to explore and engage their faith during college. The North Texas Conference has a strong presence at several colleges and universities through our Wesley Foundations.
Throughout the North Texas Conference, our six campus ministries (Wichita Falls Wesley Foundation, Paris Junior College Wesley Campus Ministry, Texas A&M University-Commerce Wesleyan Campus Ministry, Denton Wesley Foundation, Synergy Wesley Foundation and the Wesley House at SMU) engage students as a means of developing them as diverse, principled Christian leaders for Christ, their respective campuses and the world. In addition to spiritual guidance and leadership development with students, these ministries continue to be fertile ground for young people who want to enter clergy and professional lay roles in the church.
Download the North Texas Conference (NTC) Comprehensive Plan for Campus Ministry which outlines expectations of the NTC Conference Center for Leadership Development, Campus Ministries and local Congregations as we strive to recruit, form, equip, and sustain diverse, transformational church leaders on campuses and throughout the North Texas Conference. Through our Campus Ministries we strive to develop students through a Discipleship Pathway composed of 4 stages: Respond, Follow, Engage and Embody.
If you know of students attending any of our North Texas area schools, we encourage you to reach out to the campus ministers at the e-mails below with your students’ contact information. We would love for your students to get plugged in to Wesley Foundations in ways that will be transformational during their time at college. If your students are heading to universities outside of the conference, you can find a complete list of United Methodist Campus Ministries on the GBHEM page.
- Congregations are asked to regularly promote the campus ministries in their communities/districts.
- Congregation leaders are asked to connect college students with the Campus Ministry for the school they are going to using the list below or the search engine at GBHEM.
- Congregations are invited to covenant with a local campus ministry to partner in ministry, mission and regular financial contributions.
- Congregations are asked to consider adding a line item for their local campus ministry into their budgets, collect offerings to support their local campus ministry, invite Sunday School/Small groups to adopt the local campus ministry and encourage individuals to contribute and serve directly with the ministry.
- To make a donation now, please follow the donation links below.
|Wichita Falls Wesley Foundation (Midwestern State and Vernon College)|
|Paris Junior College|
|Wesley House (Southern Methodist University)|
|Texas A&M Commerce|
|Denton Wesley (University of North Texas/Texas Woman’s University/NCTC)|
|Synergy Wesley (University of Texas at Dallas, Collin College, Brookhaven)|
|NTC Collegiate Ministry Support|