9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
at Tanglewood Resort and Prothro Center
UPDATED SEPT. 9: After careful consideration by the Center for Leadership Development and members of the planning team, the Clergy Retreat will continue with a one-day outdoor event at Prothro Center at Lake Texoma (with an optional one- or two-night stay at Tanglewood).
The focus of the retreat is to support and care for our North Texas Conference clergy who continue to work hard in a ministry setting. To that end, programming with an emphasis on clergy self-care will include:
- Morning devotion with Rev. Paul Rasmussen, senior pastor at Highland Park UMC
- Keynote address by Rev. Dr. Terry Parsons
- Afternoon of spiritual-nurturing recreational activities – fellowship, board games, biking on trails, hiking, waterfront activities on the lake. Note: please bring your own bike.
- Opportunities to meet with spiritual directors and engage in group or individual spiritual formation activities.
- Closing outdoor worship will be led by Bishop Michael McKee and Pastor Richie Butler, senior pastor at St. Luke “Community” UMC.
If you would like translation services – Spanish or Korean – please indict that on your registration form.
Registration fee is for Monday's activities and Monday's meals (a picnic lunch and cookout dinner served by members of the NTC Appointive Cabinet).
- $60 Day Pass (registration fee, no overnight stay)
- $175 Overnight Stay (registration fee and hotel room for 1 night – Monday or Tuesday)
- $285 Overnight Stay (registration fee and hotel room for 2 nights – Monday and Tuesday)
Note: A hotel room can be for one or two people, the price is the same.
Important: If two people share a room, one person needs to register for an Overnight Stay to pay for the room, while the other person needs to register for a Day Pass. Do not pay twice for one room.
COVID 19 Protocols
Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test (taken no more than 72 hours before the event) is required. A picture of your vaccination card can be uploaded with your registration form. If you take a test, you must show a negative result at check in.
Masks are recommended for indoor and small-group gatherings.
- Prothro: 269 Methodist Lane, Pottsboro, TX 75076
- Tanglewood: 290 Tanglewood Circle, Pottsboro, TX 75076
If you have any questions/concern, please email.