The reporting and processes surrounding clergy misconduct (especially sexual misconduct) place an unfair and unavoidable burden on the victim of such misconduct, and can cause confusion, trauma, disorder, and grief for the local church. Because experiencing misconduct and reporting such misconduct can be difficult and frightening, the North Texas Conference provides a ministry with trained advocates and support teams to assist victims of misconduct and their local churches, and is committed to continuing support for the training, availability, and deployment of such support teams and advocates for congregations and individuals. BOD ¶ 362.1b.f, 2701.4c, BOR ¶ 2043, 2044, 2045,2046
Need to talk or ask a question, contact Liz Greenwell, Response Team Coordinator at [email protected] or call 214-695-8804.
- Crisis Response and Care Team Ministry Brochure
- Resource Persons/Advocacy
- Responding Well to Sexual Misconduct: Handbook for District Superintendents
- Sexual Misconduct, Prevention, Support
- United Methodist Sexual Ethics Website