- Asset-Based Community Development Institute (School of Education and Social Policy, Northwestern University) – A primary resource hub for materials to understand and practice asset-based philosophy and practices.
- Texas Christian Community Development Network – Diverse organization that encourages creative approaches to building Christian community by, with and for the poor, as well as creative ways to end poverty, racism and injustice. Annual and regional gatherings offer variety of workshops.
- Community: The Structure of Belonging by Peter Block
- Making Neighborhoods Whole: A Handbook for Christian Community Development by Wayne Gordan & John Perkins
The Connected Community: Discovering the Health, Wealth, and Power of Neighborhoods by Cormac Russell & John McKnight
- The Power of Asset-Mapping: How Your Congregation Can Act on Its Gifts by Luther K. Snow