Covenant Day Videos
Bishop Gregory Palmer is the Resident Bishop of the Ohio West Area, which includes the West Ohio Conference in the North Central Jurisdiction of The United Methodist Church. Bishop Palmer was the keynote speaker at Covenant Day 2020.
Question 1: "Do you renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of this world and repent of your sin?"
Question 2: "Do you accept the freedom and power God gives you to resist evil, injustice and oppression in whatever form they present themselves?"
Question 3: "Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior, put your whole trust in his grace, and promise to serve him as your Lord, in union with the Church which Chris has opened to people of all ages, nations and races?"
Covenant Day Resources
- Remarks by Bishop McKee (Video)
- A Journey Toward Racial Justice (PDF)
- Baptismal Covenant (PDF)
- Bulletin (PDF)
- Church of Canada Pray of Confession (PDF)
- Fear+Less Dialogues Litany
- 5 Tools to Help Your Church Embody Racial Justice
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- White Fragility: Why It’s so Hard for White People to Talk about Race by Robin DiAngelo
- Enfleshing Freedom: Body, Race, and Being by M. Shawn Copeland
- Reconstructing the Gospel: Finding Freedom from Slaveholder Religion by Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove
- GCORR.org by The United Methodist General Commission on Religion & Race (video study series, including a video featuring Robin DiAngelo)
- Seeing White, a revealing podcast series from Scene on Radio that uncovers development of “whiteness,” racial categories and how to navigate these realities today.