Between 2019 and 2021, the Center for Missional Outreach has awarded a total of $129,000 to local churches and related ministries through our Ministry With grants. We believe that on-the-ground United Methodists are catalysts for creativity, justice, and compassion in their communities and we are excited to be able to support their work.
The 2022 Ministry With grant application process will occur in two cycles:
The Spring Cycle occurred March 1-April 1. Money available for the Spring include (4) $5,000 grants. Additionally, (10) grants of up to $1,000 will be available to help individuals and groups jump-start new smaller-scale efforts.
The Fall Cycle will be open for applications October 1-November 1. Grant awards for the Fall may be up to $10,000 per grant, with smaller grants also available.
The purpose of these Center for Missional Outreach grants is to be a catalyst for making the “ministry with” dreams of local churches in the North Texas Conference a reality. Grants are for new efforts or efforts that expand existing ministries with particular emphasis on ministry with our neighbors.
Applications will be evaluated according to how they intend to live into our “ministry with” values:
- Come alongside neighbors in a spirit of friendship and mutuality. Listen to and learn from them.
- Build long-term relationships with neighbors.
- Uncover the often-undervalued gifts, talents, dreams, desires and connections of neighbors.
- Adopt the iron rule: never do for others what they can do for themselves.
Embody and demonstrate racial equity and anti-racism
- Address the systems that perpetuate suffering and inequity rather than only deal with the symptoms of our broken world.
- Use a strengths-based approach that leverages the gifts and relationships of local partners.
To discuss your 2022 ideas or ask a question, please email Rev. Jessica Wright or call her at 972-526-5018. Rev. Wright would be happy to look over a draft of your application. You can download a Word document here.