Since 2019, the Center for Missional Outreach has awarded $479,067 to local churches and related ministries through our Ministry With grants. We believe that United Methodists who are connected with their local communities can be powerful forces for creativity, compassion and justice and we are honored to be able to support their work.
Ministry With grants options:
Ongoing microgrants available throughout the year. These grants of no more than $1,000 are available to enable individuals and groups to start smaller projects because we know opportunities arise year-round.
The Fall Cycle were open for applications September 15-October 15. These grant awards may be up to $10,000 per grant, with smaller grants also available.
Ministry With grants are for new efforts or efforts that expand existing ministries with particular emphasis on ministry with our neighbors.
Applications will be evaluated according to how they intend to live into our “ministry with” values:
- Come alongside neighbors in a spirit of friendship and mutuality. Listen to and learn from them.
- Build long-term relationships with neighbors.
- Uncover the often-undervalued gifts, talents, dreams, desires and connections of neighbors.
- Adopt the iron rule: never do for others what they can do for themselves.
Embody and demonstrate racial equity and anti-racism
- Address the systems that perpetuate suffering and inequity rather than only deal with the symptoms of our broken world.
- Use a strengths-based approach that leverages the gifts and relationships of local partners.
To discuss your 2023 ideas or ask a question, please email Rev. Danielle Kim or call her at 972-526-5018. Rev. Kim would be happy to look over a draft of your application. You can download a Word document here.
Sept. 15-Oct. 15: Fill out the application and submit.
Oct. 16-Nov. 15: Reading team will review the grant application submitted.
Nov. 15-21: Grant recipients will be notified.
June 2024: Submit mid-year check in form.
November 2024: Submit end of the year check in form.