Members of the NTC's health plan can find resources such as Employee Assistance Program, MDLive, Mental Health, Virgin Pulse and more.
- Talkspace connect with a
licensed therapist via text message or video chat usually within a day or two.
Wespath has added Talkspace to its Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for its HealthFlex participants and their family members. You get eight free EAP sessions per concern per year. One week of messaging via Talkspace counts as one session. A face-to-face Talkspace video session also counts as one session.
How to register:
- 1. Contact the Optum EAP at 1-866-881-6800 and request a Talkspace authorization code.
- 2. Visit talkspace.com/connect. Under "Use my Employee Assistance Program (EAP)," click "Get Started."
- 3. Fill out the basic information. Type Wespath in the "Organization name" field and enter the Authorization Code received in Step 1.
After registering, it is easy to find a therapist with Talkspace's online matching tool. After the individual selects a therapist, a complimentary orientation session with the therapist is recommended. The orientation session does not count as one of the eight EAP visits.
- AFSP Texas Chapter is for youth ages 5-11 and their trusted adults.
- CDC helps students and parents transition back to school.
- Family Guide: Children’s Mental Health Services (Texas Health & Human Services)
- Gizmo's Pawsome Guide to Mental Health takes an upstream approach to support the mental health and wellness of youth.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Navigate Life Texas
- Texas Parent to Parent
- Mental Health America of Greater Dallas supports safe, clean boarding homes for those that are recovering from mental illness.
- Call the City of Dallas at 214-670-1972 for the most updated and accurate information regarding boarding home facilities, regulations and licensing.
Crisis Lines and Resources
- Resource Center Dallas offers counseling, support groups and outpatient programs
- Trans Lifeline is a hotline run by trans people offering emotional and financial support to trans people in crisis
- Trevor Project offers youth counseling via chat, call or text
- Medicaid/Texas Health and Human Services
- Mental Health America has an extensive list of support groups that meet locally or remotely.
- Mental Health America of Greater Dallas offers peer-lead support groups
- Mental Health Texas is a website full of national, regional and local mental health resources.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness in Texas offers online support groups.
- Texas Health and Human Services contracts with nearly 40 regional mental and behavioral health authorities that deliver and coordinate affordable mental health services in their communities. (Spanish available).
- The Texas Psychological Association website can help identify a local psychologist.
- Mental Health America of Greater Dallas has screening tools for alcohol, anxiety, bipolar, depression, PTSD and pyschosis.
- Suicide & Crisis Center of North Texas 24/7 Crisis Line: 1-214-828-1000
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- North Texas Behavioral Health Authority: 1-877-653-6363 or 1-214-366-9407
- COVID-19 Related Mental Health Concerns: 1-833-986-1919
To suggest additional resources, email Rev. Jessica Wright.