Volunteers will help with early response projects as well as rebuilding/construction work ...
The mission of the Center for Missional Outreach (CMO) is to help local churches make disciples through ministry with their neighbors, particularly the poor.
The CMO believes that the local church is best positioned to know its unique context and impact its community; thus, our “client” is the local church. The CMO is here to be a catalyst for local church missional outreach.
Our strategy is to
- inspire: by lifting up powerful “ministry with” stories from North Texas and around the world
- connect: by fostering connections to already-existing ministry models and potential UMC and community partners
- equip: by sharing foundational information, current best practices and targeted monetary grants for missional outreach
For the CMO, the values that define what faithful and effective ministry with one’s neighbors looks like are grounded in Micah 6:8: “God has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”
Doing justice compels us to address the systems that perpetuate suffering and inequity rather than deal only with the symptoms of our broken world.
Loving kindness invites us to see our neighbors as beloved and gifted children of God; to engage in ministry with our neighbors that is relational and not merely transactional; and to reflect the hesed or steadfast love of our Creator by making a long-term commitment to our relationships with our neighbors.
Walking humbly describes our ideal ministry stance – listening to our neighbors, learning about and from them, and coming alongside them as friends.
The vision of the CMO for the season ahead is two-fold:
- Send 300 mission teams to the Rio Texas Conference in 2018, 2019 and 2020;
- Revive One+One by equipping local churches to be successful in establishing strong church-school partnerships or deepening already existing ones.
News & Events
Youth from Fellowship UMC, Plymouth Park UMC, LifePoint UMC and First UMC Paris helped with the day camp ...
The beginning of the school year can be just what we need as a fresh and powerful impact of being with the children ...