122 – Theological Heritage I: Introduction
|Spring 2019: March 2, April 6, May 4||Rev. Steve Martinez||Email:
This course introduces the student to theological reflection in the Wesleyan tradition. Basic terms, tasks, and methods of Christian theology will be introduced. Representative classical themes will be defined and illustrated. The course provides a foundation for further historical and theological study.
Students will be able to:
- Examine their understanding of faith, sin, salvation, grace, and the place of
- doctrine in the life of the Church.
- Use and understand classical theological terms and themes.
- Critically consider the sources of theological reflection, including scripture,
- tradition, experience and reason.
- Reflect theologically as a resource for pastoral ministry.