Your Call to Ministry
The next steps will help you to decide how you want to answer God’s call.
- Write your statement of call and prepare to be interviewed in light of Wesley’s historic questions, as found in paragraph 310.1d of the 2016 Book of Discipline (page 230).
- Request an interview with the Pastor/Staff Parish Relations Committee of your local church. Submit your written call statement to the committee.
- Schedule a meeting with your District Superintendent. You can find the contact information here:
- While at the District Office, request to be entered into the United Methodist Candidate and Record Entry System (UMCARES). A $75 fee will be required.
- While at the District Office, request permission to attend the next Candidacy Summit. Registration is through the Pathways to Ministry software.
Continue your journey in Becoming a Candidate.