Supporting Methodist Nonprofits Is Just A Click Away
North Texas Giving Day takes place Sept. 19
North Texas Giving Day, an 18-hour online giving event designed to empower every person to give back to their community by supporting local nonprofits and causes, is Thursday, Sept. 19.
The event, sponsored by Communities Foundation of Texas, has been building awareness and support for nonprofits since 2009. It is the largest community-wide giving event in the nation. Through the support of this event, everyone can help build a stronger community.
Since its inception, NFGD has transformed from an idea to help raise awareness of nonprofits to a movement that has ignited a broad culture of community-wide giving. During North Texas Giving Day, everyone has the opportunity to be a philanthropist to build a stronger and more vibrant community.
Many United Methodist organizations in the North Texas Conference are participating. Below is just a few of those you can support. To find a complete list, visit North Texas Giving Day’s website.
- The Synergy Wesley Foundation is the United Methodist campus ministry serving UT-Dallas, Richland College and Collin College.
- CC Young Senior Living has been a place for senior adults for almost 100 years. As a nonprofit faith-based organization, its ministry is caring for seniors in every phase of life from independent living to memory care. Its goal is to enrich the lives of their residents.
- Wesley-Rankin Community Center partners with its West Dallas neighbors and provides education and resources to drive community transformation. Its ministry serves multiple generations and is located in an area to impact academic achievement and provide nutritional support to the most food insecure and academically at-risk populations.
- The Denton Wesley Foundation serves students in the Denton area going to the University of North Texas, Texas Woman’s University and North Central Texas College. It strives to create hope and faith through community, service, worship and social justice for the students it serves.
- Established in 1890 in Waco, Methodist Children’s Home serves more than 5,000 children and families annually and is affiliated with six Annual Conferences in Texas and Mexico. Services provided include residential programs on the Waco campus and MCH Boys Ranch, foster care, community programs and in-home services through 13 MCH Family Outreach offices.
- Southern Methodist University's mission is to be a leading private institution of higher learning that expands knowledge through research and teaching. The University is dedicated to the values of academic freedom and open inquiry and to its United Methodist heritage.
- CitySquare exists to fight the causes and effects of poverty through service, advocacy and friendship. Working together as a community, it feeds the hungry, heal the sick, house the homeless and renew hope in the heart of our city. Its core values are Community, Faith, Justice and Stewardship.
- A faith-based mission of The United Methodist Church’s North Texas Conference, Dallas Bethlehem Center is dedicated to being the success-readiness center for school and life in its South Dallas service area through faith-based programs built on parent and community partnerships.
- Since 1927, Methodist Medical Center has served North Texas as a leader in sophisticated, compassionate medical care with world-class medical education and residency programs. It also is the main teaching and referral center for Methodist Health System and one of the leading teaching and referral hospitals in all of Texas.
- Justice for Our Neighbors is a Methodist Immigration Ministry that has provided low-cost immigration legal services since 1999. Each day, it puts into action the Methodist Social Principles of loving neighbors as ourselves and providing for the welfare of immigrants.
- Project Transformation’s mission is to engage young adults in purposeful leadership and ministry, support children in holistic development, and connect churches with communities.
Other participating organizations affiliated with North Texas Conference Churches:
- Agape Clinic
- Bed Start, Inc.
- Christ Foundry United Methodist Mission
- Dickinson Place Independent Senior Living
- GROW North Texas
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center Foundation
- North Dallas Shared Ministries
- Tyler Street Community Service Outreach
- Wilkinson Center
- Zan Wesley Holmes, Jr. Community Outreach Center
Published: Wednesday, September 18, 2019