North Texas Giving Day Is Thursday, Sept. 17
Make plans now to take part in North Texas Giving Day 2020, an 18-hour online philanthropy event sponsored by Communities Foundation of Texas.
In May, this same group spearheaded a special #GivingTuesdayNow event to assist organizations in their COVID-19 response efforts. The North Texas Conference distributed $40,000 in matching funds to 11 agencies affiliated with The United Methodist Church, part of a collective effort that raised more than $373,000 for those nonprofits.
A sampling of organizations taking part in North Texas Giving Day that are related to the North Texas Conference and/or The United Methodist Church include:
- Project Transformation North Texas
- Wesley-Rankin Community Center
- Christ’s Foundry UM Mission
- Dallas Bethlehem Center
- Justice for Our Neighbors
- Agape Resource and Assistance Center
- The Center Counseling
- Denton Wesley Foundation
- Zan Holmes Community Outreach Center
- The Storehouse of Collin County
- Owenwood Farm and Neighbor Space
- Crossroads Community Services
- Feed Lake Highlands
- Synergy Wesley Foundation
Their frontline work continues and could greatly benefit from your continued assistance.
Published: Tuesday, September 15, 2020