Ministry with the Poor Experiential Learning Events
Upcoming conferences in North Carolina and Ohio will provide training opportunities
A Welcoming Table @ Haywood Street Church (Aug. 29-31, Asheville, N.C.): At the altar table and around the dinner table, in the meeting room and beside the picnic table, this highly diverse congregation is thriving in part because of its emphasis on authentic relationship and mutual service. This workshop offers an opportunity to explore Haywood Street’s organizational structure and examine best practices for sustainable and transformational ministry WITH the poor. A focus of the workshop is supporting congregations in developing or strengthening ministry with the poor in their local communities.
All People Conference, Church for All People (Oct. 27-29, Columbus, Ohio): Learn from this congregation how to:
- Foster a racially diverse congregation with members across the income spectrum
- Use worship that is diverse and welcoming to strengthen your community
- Launch outreach programs that use local assets to address community concerns
- Engage a base of partners that can support and sustain your ministries
- Maintain your spiritual center through the swirl of ministry
Some scholarships are available to assist those for whom the events would be helpful to their missional life. Email or for more information. Or call 972-526-5018.
Published: Friday, July 13, 2018