Churches Commemorate Pentecost Sunday In Creative Ways
The Holy Spirit was abundantly present during bible distributions and baptisms, showers and senior celebrations and much more
For many churches in the North Texas Conference, Pentecost was bigger than ever this year. Here are some of the highlights of the day as we celebrated the outpouring of the Holy Spirit:
- Arapaho UMC and Northaven UMC resumed in-person worship for the first time since March 2020.
- Aldersgate UMC, First UMC Bridgeport, First UMC Decatur, First UMC Plano, Christ UMC Plano, Suncreek UMC and Trietsch Memorial UMC celebrated graduating seniors.
- First UMC Richardson high school seniors led worship and were celebrated with a luncheon afterward where $46,000 in scholarship funds were given away.
- Kindergartners at Custer Road UMC received their story bibles from seniors, and the older students passed down their favorite bible stories to the kindergarteners.
- Open Door Worship at First UMC Rockwall and White Rock UMC celebrated baptisms.
- Argyle UMC celebrated 17 confirmands, four families that joined the church, one baptism and a wedding shower for staff member Jennifer Jolin and John Stevens.
- UMC of Preston Hollow celebrated with an outdoor BBQ.
- University Park UMC marked the day with special music including a brass ensemble in worship, followed by an outdoor picnic with food trucks, inflatable slide and a face painter.
Published: Wednesday, May 26, 2021