Mental Health First Aid Class
The Texas Behavioral Authority is offering free Mental Health First Aid training online to lay and clergy leaders across the North Texas Conference. Participants learn:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness in age groups, including
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care and the impact of social media and bullying
An Adult class is Saturday, Oct. 2, and a class for those working with youth 18 and under will be offered Saturday, Nov. 6.
Participants need to a complete a 2-hour, self-paced online class and then participate in a 5.5-hour, Instructor-led videoconference.
If you would like to register or would like other time options, please email Rev. Andrew Fiser.