In 2021, the following churches and organizations received grant awards for Ministry With work in North Texas:
- Reading with Friends, First UMC Wichita Falls ($10,000): creates a summer literacy-focused program by deploying summer interns and volunteers, with the coordination of local educators and church partners.
- Pilot Point Multicultural Choir, Pilot Point UMC ($3,700): creates infrastructure to create a community-wide multicultural choir.
- Los Vecinos Community Center, First UMC Sherman ($10,000): builds out church-based community center and programming to respond to needs of Latinx immigrants in the Sherman community.
- Students Connecting Students, Wesley Center, Paris Junior College ($8,000): deploys student interns to build a network within a variety of college groups to broaden connections with a diverse student body.
- One + One Dallas ($4,000): supporting North Texas Conference churches in efforts to partner with Dallas ISD schools as well as resourcing for students in care of Child Protective Services.
- Faces, Holy Covenant UMC ($2,500): builds out effort to support diverse foster and adoptive families through finding ways to fill gaps among those impacted.
- BIPOC Solidarity Coalition, Owenwood Farm & Neighbor Space ($5,000): creates cohorts “to focus on anti-racism within BIPOC communities, creating space for BIPOC to address bias within their own communities and the impact that bias has on other BIPOC groups.”
- Network Community Missions, partner of First UMC Royse City ($2,000): funds the next stage in development of coalition of civic leaders, school partners, social services and churches to support young people most likely to suffer the effects of racial inequity.
- Rockwall County Clergy Coalition, First UMC Rockwall ($4800): partners with local faith communities to organize a deep listening campaign in county to understand the on-the-ground racial justice and other concerns of neighbors.
In 2020, the following churches and organizations received grant awards for Ministry With work in North Texas:
- Healthy Food, Healthy Hearts for Jack County: Raising community health, improving relationships and increasing economic and environmental sustainability (FUMC Jacksboro). Advanced community garden and greenhouse for hub of food security in Jack County – $10,000
- Callback: An innovative ministry of pastoral care to theater practitioners, opportunity for a central, Sabbath-centered hub for the community, and support for productions and producing theater alike (Union) – $10,000
In 2019, the following churches and organizations received grant awards for Ministry With work in North Texas:
- First UMC Allen: Change the World Allen housing redevelopment – $3,000
- Dallas Bethlehem Center: Community Liaison Work – $10,000
- Christ UMC Plano: STARS Tutoring at Dooley Elementary School – $6000
- Ubuntu Music Project: Summer Camp, One+One Partnership with DISD schools and local churches, and Recruitment Concert for volunteers and partners – $10,000
- Christ’s Foundry UM Mission (Dallas): FestiKIDS Off-site Ministry with Children and Families – $10,000
- St. Paul UMC Dallas: WOW (Walk Over Wednesdays) student ministry with Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts – $10,000
If you have questions or would like help thinking through your ideas, please email Rev. Andrew Fiser or call 972-526-5018.