Updated April 20: At the beginning of March, Bishop McKee encouraged the entire North Texas Conference to participate in a special Lenten offering, supporting the ministry of The United Methodist Mission in Honduras. He set a goal of $85,000 — enough to cover salary and benefits for all of the United Methodist clergy serving in the country. Today, the conference is thrilled to share that together our churches gave more than $92,000 toward this effort. Thank you for your faithfulness and generosity in supporting the church's important work around the globe.
These six videos are in Spanish but available with English translations. YouTube allows viewing but not downloading.
How to download: Click a link in the Download section. You will be taken to a Dropbox folder where you can download the video (with English subtitles).
|Sobre La Mision||Iglesia Fuerzas Unidas||Iglesia Danli|
|Iglesia Quisqualagua||Iglesia Talanga||Historia de la Mision|
This year, churches throughout the North Texas Conference have the opportunity to share in a common experience of Lent, Holy Week and Easter.
Reflecting on the lectionary readings for Year C and the theme "See I am doing a new thing" (Isaiah 43:19), we will unpack how God is doing a new thing in and through us. We will be invited to journey through Lent together, recognizing that our world has shifted and our lives have changed, yet our call from God remains the same - to bear witness to resurrected life through Jesus.
The NTC communications team is providing content for worship in your local church, resources for discipleship and missions, as well as ready-made graphics and communications tools. Content will be added throughout January 2022.
Select resources will be available in Spanish and Korean as well.
- Opening Prayers/Calls to Worship
- Prayers of Contrition
- Preaching notes and suggested commentaries
- Music suggestions for each week including tradtional, contemporary and folk styles
- Maundy Thursday worship resource
- Good Friday worship resource
- Holy Saturday vigil resource
- Weekly service/mission suggestions
- Dinner table conversation starters
- Weekly Lehten Family Devotional
- Youth series for Sunday Schools or small groups
- Family Ash Wednesday and Holy Week worship services
- Family-friendly prayer stations resource
For more information, email Communications Coordinator Monica Frazier, or call 972-526-5017.