Hendrix Youth Institute
When: June 14-27, 2020
Who: Rising 11th and 12th Graders
The Hendrix Youth Institute program will help high school juniors and seniors discern their call for ministry and specifically introduce participants to ordained and professional ministry. Using a holistic approach, the program will incorporate the “head, heart and hands” to enable youth to understand God’s call.
Applications due March 10.
Texas Youth Academy
When: June 15-27, 2020
Where: Southern Methodist University
The Texas Youth Academy is a two-week summer experience for selected high school students to live in an intentional Christian community on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas. You will participate in an intensive encounter with Christian life that will leave you confident that God is shaping your future in radical and exciting ways. Days are patterned by worship, scripture, study, small groups, service projects, art and communion. You will learn about the Christian faith with faculty members from various seminaries. You will practice this faith with other young people from across the state. You will be challenged in new ways to follow Jesus on the journey of Christian living.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Current high school sophomores, juniors and senior students who have a desire to expand their community, explore their faith and experience their calling. These are students who desire deeper discipleship, exploring their vocation, asking theology questions, called to ordination, student leaders, cultivate Christian community, leading worship, inspired by art and mindful of missions.
- Complete an application (Priority deadline is Nov. 15, 2019. Final deadline is March 27, 2020).
- The cost is $1,000 and the Center for Leadership Development will cover $500, email .
- Connect with a worshiping community member to mentor with before and after Texas Youth Academy.
We highly encourage pastors, youth directors, parents, Sunday school teachers, small group leaders and other members of the worship community to nominate students to the Texas Youth Academy.
The Summit Through Southwestern
When: July 19-25, 2020
Where: Southwestern College in Winfield, Kansas
Who: 11th and 12th Graders
One week of study and mission, a year of Bible study and continued connection online. What we're about:
- Conect: Students will have the ability to connect with God, one another, and Christian leaders throughout their time at the Summit.
- Learn: Throughout the week, students will learn about Wesleyan theology through professors, mentors, and in worship. After the Summit, students will continue to learn together throughout the school year in an online Bible study.
- Serve: God calls each of us to live a life of faith in action. Through partnerships with Open Door, the Circles initiative, and SoCe Life, students will use their gifts to serve in different ways and in multiple settings.