Wylie UMC: Youth Minister
Date Posted: 7/1/2021
Wylie UMC, Wylie, TX
- Must be a passionate disciple of Jesus Christ, with great integrity, who loves youth and is committed and gifted for attracting and developing young Christian disciples.
- Provide spiritual guidance and provide a positive role model.
- Serve as Youth Advocate
- Coordinate and supervise Christian activities for your 7-12th grade including but not limited to:
- Bible Studies
- Social events
- Mission trips
- Sunday School
- Must be skilled in digital communications
- Recruiting and Coordinating volunteers
- Plan and direct youth in the implementation of events including: Sunday Evening Worship, Mission Experiences, Youth led worship services, retreats, youth conferences and recreational and social gatherings
- Plan and lead retreats as necessary throughout the year
- Develop and Implement a plan for spiritual growth of youth including age and interest related Bible studies, and Sunday School. Help youth develop a personal connection to scripture as a foundation for their beliefs and practice.
- Provide consistent worship time on Sunday and Wednesday evenings.
- Plan and coordinate youth fund raising events
- Be involved in the daily lives of youth outside of church activities including but not limited to school activities
- Recruit, train, guide and support the adult volunteers to the youth. Schedule teachers for Sunday School classes and ensure that all classes have curriculum and supplies.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for visitors, members and staff.
- Develop long-term plan for evangelism and outreach for the youth beyond the church family.
- Train and supervise youth for leadership roles within the youth group and the church.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry preferred, but not required
- Three to five years of pertinent, Youth Ministry experience
Physical Requirements: Exerting up to 20 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently, or negligible amounts constantly or requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to Scott Hallman, SPRC Chair, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-979-4568