Wylie UMC: Director of Music
Date Posted: 2/21/2019
Wylie UMC, Wylie, TX
Talented and gifted Christian to oversee the musical enrichment of a church, including music selection for Sunday morning worship services and special worship services. Coordinate the performances of church choirs, individual soloist, church bands and guest musicians.
- Work with the senior pastor and accompanist with the selection of worship or praise music for Sunday morning worship services or special worship services.
- Purchase, copy or distribute music sheets or handouts to choir members or performers to memorize and practices.
- Plan and schedule rehearsals for church performers including the accompanist, as required, and coordinate it with the church’s activities calendar.
- Equip people for ministry.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for visitors, members and staff.
- Research and order choir robes, vestments or performance costumes for the choirs or regularly performing groups.
- Supervise the maintenance and use of all church music equipment including the soundboard, organ, piano and speaker system.
- Report to the Trustees Committee and senior pastor any issues as it relates to the music, equipment or rehearsal areas.
- Assist the Finance Committee with evaluating and projecting cost of ministry figures and manage the music costs of ministry.
- Maintain detailed files or records of music supplies or material purchased.
- Must be able to lift or move equipment or material weighing 20 pounds.
How to Apply
Submit resume to Debbie Willis, Church Administrator, at
Contact Phone: 972-442-5835