Wisconsin Annual Conference: Director of Administration/Treasurer
Date Posted: 6/5/2019
Wisconsin Annual Conference, Sun Prairie, WI
- Manage financial services
- Receive and disburse general church funds
- Partner with CF&A to oversee the development of the Annual Conference budget
- Strategic planning and financial analysis
- Oversee administration of the compensation for lay and clergy staff
- Manage special campaign funds
- Oversee the management of the healthcare fund
- Manage personnel administration
- Review journal entries, checks, EFT (electronic funds transfers) payments, and general ledger for accuracy and appropriateness. Approve EFT payments in the bank online system.
- Respond to inquiries and requests relating to budgets, expenses and revenue, etc.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and reconciliations between the general ledger and benefits billing systems.
- Review the financial reports for the funds invested in the Wisconsin United Methodist Foundation for accuracy, appropriateness, and/or reasonableness. Prepare annual spreadsheet and journal entry to track and enter transactions for these funds into the general ledger.
- Monitor balances in various bank and investment accounts.
- Communicate about, calculate repayment schedules, and monitor repayment of mortgage loans provided to District Superintendents through the Board of Trustees Parsonage Fund.
- Manage annual audit process for Conference and Episcopal Office audits.
- Prepare general ledgers in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare analyses of fixed assets, property taxes, interfund transfers and receivables and payables, various balance sheet accounts, restricted and designated funds, etc. for financial statement reporting under GAAP.
- Communicate salary/wage and benefits information to new staff, when changes occur, and for staff members’ final paychecks.
- Review biweekly payroll records for accuracy and appropriateness. Prepare or review payroll-related calculations (pay amounts for new/terminated staff, etc.) and changes.
- Monitor the balances and activity in the investment accounts held at the General Board of Pension and Health Benefits and make transfers as necessary.
- Summarize prior year budgets, actual results, budgetary requests, and proposed amounts. Input the Conference-approved budget, adding new accounts and deleting old ones, and including additional detail as necessary, into the accounting system.
- Maintain liaison with Joint Board of Pension and Health Benefits, Council on Finance & Administration, Board of Trustees, and Conference Personnel Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or relevant concentration is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- CPA Strongly desired.
- Minimum of four to five years of finance/accounting experience.
- Two to three years’ previous experience in supervisory position, preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Financial IT systems integration and implementation is a plus.
- Membership in the United Methodist Church preferred.
Deadline for Application: July 3, 2019
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at [email protected]
Contact Phone: 615-369-2357