Wildwood UMC: Contemporary Worship Leader
Date Posted: 3/9/2021
Wildwood UMC, Magnolia, TX
Mission: To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Vision: Wildwood is a church where people experience the love and compassion of Jesus Christ, recognize they belong, and are empowered to serve.
Overview: The primary responsibilities of this position include assisting with planning and leading of contemporary worship in cooperation with the worship team and band. Wildwood is a 1,000-member church located west of The Woodlands in Magnolia, Texas.
This position reports directly to the Lead Pastor. The position is part-time (15-20 hours per week).
- Plan and implement contemporary worship for Wednesday reFuel Students, Sunday morning The Gathering, funerals and memorial services as requested, and other special services throughout the year as determined in collaboration with the worship team. This includes collaboration with the tech team and sharing in responsibilities in preparation for worship.
- Participate in monthly general worship team meetings where “big picture” worship planning and evaluation is completed.
- Work closely with the lead pastor and student minister to think creatively about contemporary worship elements, plan worship, and plan for future growth.
- Help to incorporate creative elements into worship service.
- Input/communicate all necessary information in Planning Center Online (PCO) and effectively collaborate with necessary personnel.
- Intentionally develop relationships within the congregation by being present before and after worship to greet, participating in church events beyond the worship experience, assisting with guest follow-up, and connecting through other ways as determined in collaboration with the lead pastor.
- Serve as a coach to the worship team helping volunteers and paid contract musicians to lead at their very best. This also includes the development of new volunteers with gifts and talents for service on the contemporary worship team.
- Participate in student ministry events such as UM ARMY, summer camp(s), retreats, and confirmation as a worship leader.
Education and Experience
- At least two years of experience as a contemporary worship leader
- Prepared to whole-heartedly teach and observe United Methodist doctrine, polity, heritage and structure.
- Must pass a background check.
- Will attend monthly worship meetings.
- Support of the entire ministry team is expected.
- Should be prepared to attend a Fall and Spring retreat with the staff which may require an overnight stay.
- The ministry team is expected to be supportive of one another through their actions and their presence.
- Will report office time when on campus.
- Will use provided app to maintain a weekly, published schedule for church staff and administrative use.
- Will participate in an annual performance evaluation.
- Solid grounding in Scripture; evidence of a vital, mature, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to manage time and schedules well, and to meet deadlines consistently
- Leadership style that is people-focused, results-oriented and adaptable to frequent change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- High-capacity for organization and multi-tasking projects
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- A self-starter – highly motivated
- Passion for leading people in worship in a growing church
- Attentive to and understanding of trends in contemporary worship music
- An ability to organize and administer as a ministry leader
- A proven team player who values healthy church-staff interaction
- Energy, enthusiasm and excitement in regards to leading all ages in worship
Timeline: We would like for the candidate to be in place by May 16, 2021.
How to Apply
Please email a resume, letter of interest and video of worship leadership to Mitzi Shaddix, Executive Assistant, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 832-934-0100