Wesley-Rankin Community Center: Volunteer Coordinator
Date Posted: 10/20/2021
Wesley-Rankin Community Center, Dallas, TX
The Volunteer Coordinator works closely with the organization’s development and program departments to maintain an exemplary volunteer program through the use of corporate, individual, religious, academic and community volunteers and to support the Center by soliciting in-kind donations for a source of revenue for the agency. The Coordinator expands Wesley-Rankin’s outreach through social media, constant contact and mailings.
Develop and maintain a comprehensive recruitment, orientation, training, retention and recognition plan for individual and group volunteers, ensuring all volunteers are knowledgeable and feel valued.
- Creates a recruitment plan to actively recruit a diverse pool of volunteers using online platforms such as Volunteer Match, VOLY, Handshake, etc.
- Provide primary leadership at fairs, festivals, schools, corporations, etc. in promoting agency.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all requests to volunteer including telephone, voice mail, email, and written requests and ensure a timely response (no later than 24 hours).
- Collaborate with program and development leadership in developing and maintaining a comprehensive list of involvement opportunities throughout the organization for individual and group volunteers and collaborative partnerships.
- Develop and maintain appropriate collaborative materials for recruitment of volunteers.
Orientation and Training
- Develop and maintain complete and accurate records including volunteer policies, trainings, handbooks, procedures, position descriptions, standards of conduct and background checks.
- Actively manage volunteer day projects such as Hockaday overnight visits, Eagle Scouts projects and YMSL playground renovations.
- Manage volunteer opportunities of Teen Board.
Ongoing Support and Recognition
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with volunteers and partners ensuring that mutually agreed upon expectations are being met.
- Conduct periodic satisfaction surveys.
- Communicate volunteer opportunities seasonally (3-4 times a year).
- Coordinate volunteer recognition through the year and annually.
- Acts as a liaison for volunteers during their placement in Center programs.
- Develop and maintain collegial relationships with peers in the field and with area volunteer organizations to ensure best practices for our volunteer and collaborative programs.
- Establishes annual volunteer program goals, working in coordination with the Development Manager.
- Utilizes a volunteer management system, keeping up-to-date on needs as background checks and Ministry Safe trainings. Provides volunteer numbers and hours to assist with grant writing and audits. Maintains updated volunteer job descriptions. Track feedback and surveys from volunteers.
- Conduct agency tours and represent the Center in speaking engagements, as needed.
- Assist with Development outreach and events, as needed.
Social Media and Website
- Develop, implement and manage a social media strategy in partnership with Executive Director, Development Manager, and program staff.
- Write and manage engaging social media content (images, videos and script) to be consistent with our values and organization objectives.
- Respond to social media comments and inquiries in no more than 24 hours, using a professional manner.
- Communicates upcoming fundraising opportunities and events to volunteers, e.g. NTGD and events, in conjunction with Development Manager, via social media, flyers, etc.
- Measure the success of social media campaigns and use evaluation to increase engagement.
- Provide updates to current website, managing links and giving pages, photos, videos and script.
- Coordinate the recruitment, receipt, distribution and recordkeeping of all donated goods and coordinates the pick-up of items when needed.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with donors, by tracking, monitoring and acknowledging all goods and services.
- Store and systematically organize donations at the Center, ensuring we are being good stewards of donated goods. This includes being mindful of expiration dates and maintaining an inventory.
- Actively seek, strategize, recruit and show appreciation for in kind gift donations, includes but not limited to program needs, cleaning supplies and incentive programs.
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience as a successful volunteer coordinator or an equivalent level of the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to programs that involve a cadre of volunteers
- Proficient in basic computer applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Record keeping and documentation skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and the staff team
- Possesses self-awareness
- Experience with Salesforce management system
- Demonstrate capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
- Hours are generally Mondays through Fridays, 9:00-5:00/6:00
- Must be available for special events and trainings
- Schedule will vary based on program needs
How to Apply
Email a resume to Shellie Ross, Executive Director, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-742-6674