Wesley-Rankin Community Center: Community Engagement Manager
Date Posted: 8/21/2018
Wesley-Rankin Community Center, Dallas, TX
The Community Engagement Manager works closely with the organization’s development and program departments to build the outreach and volunteer/donation base of Wesley-Rankin Community Center and expand our reach through advertising/marketing using social media, constant contact and mailings. Reaching out of the community to build a connectional support network for the Center and greater community, the Community Engagement Manager recruits, orients and appreciates others while also leveraging donations that may be beneficial to the services offered.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and accountability throughout the organization consistent with the value and mission of the institution, including management of volunteer and community partnership strategies and tasks.
- Set volunteer and community engagement program priorities.
- Utilize a volunteer management system to guide current and projected contributed volunteer efforts to the organization; and track feedback and surveys from volunteers.
- Coordinate recruitment of diverse volunteers. Identify, curate, and communicate organizational needs that can be filled by volunteers and build strong opportunities for engagement of new volunteers.
- Manage relationships with existing volunteer streams.
- Schedule and coordinate volunteer and community engagement training and tours.
- Create and manage a volunteer process of seeking information, receiving proper paperwork and a background check and expectations on days of service.
- In collaboration with the Development Department, identify and initiate relationships with aligned corporate partners that offer volunteer opportunities.
- Ensure that the organization’s volunteer resources are aligned with its programmatic, fund development, and event related priorities, and work with the appropriate developments to make adjustments as necessary.
- Actively seek and recruit in kind gift donations for the Center, includes but not limited to program needs, cleaning supplies and Project Care.
- Track, report, and manage volunteer hours and in-kind gifts from all sources.
- Store and organize donations when delivered to the Center.
- Communicates upcoming fundraising opportunities and events to volunteers, e.g. NTGD and events, in conjunction with Development Department, via social media, Constant Contact, flyers, etc.
- Manage Constant Contact email communication system, updating contacts regularly and maintaining lists, tags, and system integrity.
- Create in house and community wide flyers for upcoming events.
- Promote corporate, foundation, and individual partnerships, as well as highlight WRCC programs, on social media.
Bilingual preferred. Experience in volunteer management and marketing helpful.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please email resumes to Executive Director Shellie Ross at
Contact Phone: (214) 742-6674