University Park UMC: Executive Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: 10/20/2021
University Park UMC, University Park, TX
Status: Full-time, exempt from overtime
Average hours/week: 40; generally Monday-Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Perform administrative duties for Senior Pastor (SP) and Executive Pastor (EP)
- Manage calendars of SP and EP
- Organizing and filing, as needed
- Communicate with church staff and committees on behalf of SP and EP
- Organize and order meals for evening meetings hosted by SP and EP
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- Serve as liaison between SP and outside organizations (NTC, judicatory bodies, other churches, and non-profits)
- Membership Secretary
- Working knowledge of ACST Realm
- Weekly attendance tracking and recording (worship services, Sunday school)
- Create registration events
- Ongoing membership updates (adds, changes, transfers, deaths, births, correspondence, etc.)
- Monthly membership reports
- Roster maintenance and reports (adds, changes, promotions)
- Annual Charge Conference membership reads (audits) and reports
- Annual Conference Checkout reports
Duties Specific to Senior Minister:
- Help to build a weekly task list
- All SP appointments go through Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Coordinate all calendar with notes. (Ask: What info would assist SP to be prepared for this meeting?)
- Appointments are either 25 minutes or 45 minutes
- Help SP to maintain Monday as his day off
- No lunch appointments on Thursday or Friday
- Assist in setting aside time for sermon and teaching preparation during the week (approximately 8 hours)
- Assist in reserving 2-3 hours per week for meetings with staff
- Assist in setting quarterly three-day sermon planning retreats to occur mid-week
- Check SP Email throughout the day, flagging high priority emails
- Ask for assistance in responding, especially if SP is out of the office
- Help SP to choose times during the week for email Sabbath. You will check email and let him know of anything urgent.
- Phone calls
- Most of SP calls will come to your desk first. Return calls, when you deem appropriate. Notify SP of those that he should return.
- Check SP voicemail daily when he is out of the office. Text information on any urgent messages.
- SP’s preferences:
- Members and church staff who call receive a call back that day.
- Non-members, clergy colleagues, and others outside the organization receive a call back within 48 hours.
- SP’s cell phone number is private and not shared widely.
Duties Specific to Executive Pastor:
- Organize EP email
- Schedule EP appointments
- Format Staff Meeting Agendas
- EP standard weekday schedule is T-Fr, about 9:00 a.m. until whenever she leaves
- She is away from church and email on Mondays. Please text if there is an urgent matter.
- Check voicemail at end of each day. Email EP with any messages.
- Assist with prep for Church Council and other meetings
- Attend weekly staff meeting, congregational care meeting, and worship meeting
- Attend evening meetings on occasion, as requested
- Attend all-church events as requested
- Greet people in advance of pastor meetings (i.e. family members for funeral planning)
- Register SP and EP for conferences, seminars, etc.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Senior Pastor Joe Stobaugh at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-368-1435