United Women in Faith: Director of Membership & Engagement
Date Posted: 10/4/2023
United Women in Faith, New York, NY
United Women in Faith National Organization is the policy-making body that manages and oversees the programs and projects of United Women in Faith (UWFAITH). We accomplish this by equipping women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, workplaces, governments and churches and to advocate for the oppressed and dispossessed with special attention to the needs of women and children.
UWFAITH builds supportive communities among women; engages in activities that foster growth in the Christian faith, mission education, and Christian social involvement, while working for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems while providing educational experiences that lead to personal change in order to transform the world.
The Engage Lead focuses on the design and execution of engagement strategies, cultivation of relationships and networks, driving the event strategy to deliver along with UWFAITH positioning and mobilization campaigns and other advocacy efforts. The Engage Lead will drive change through influence and content, to create teams and lead cross-functional ideation and identify emerging market opportunities to position United Women in Faith to succeed as they emerge.
The Engage Lead also aligns staff and resources through strategic and tactical processes and works with the Director of Public Relations & Marketing to develop and implement an accurate marketing strategy and with the Director of Mobilization and Advocacy in developing strategies that equip and expand membership striking a balance between growth, and providing profitable results to UWFAITH focusing on the following (4) strategic priorities:
- Goal 1: Be a reliable source for women’s spiritual growth.
- Goal 2: Attract and engage women for increased membership, funding and donations.
- Goal 3: Position UWFaith as a leading women’s Christian organization within the wider faith community and in the world
- Goal 4: Mobilize members to inspire, influence and impact their communities and the world.
Supervisory Responsibility: The Director of Membership & Engagement directly reports to the Transformation Lead.
- Membership in the United Methodist Church is desired as is familiarity and general knowledge of polity, its connectional structure and the interfaith communities of the United Methodist Church.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable educational experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in UMC connectional organizations; and experience working in a religious nonprofit or community-based organization.
- Marketing and Communications background is a plus.
- Able to effectively communicate with key constituencies and implement sound administrative strategies and tactics that promote excellence as directed by the General Secretary/CEO.
- Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across organizational lines.
- Must have a strong cross-functional background (as opposed to being an expert in one area).
- Must have experience in engaging a customer base or membership.
- Must have strong experience with change management.
- Able to work collaboratively across the organization to produce results as well as the reports of progress and analysis that will undergird on-going innovation.
Other related duties may be assigned
- Works with internal staff and consultants to plan campaigns, events and initiatives around organizational priorities.
- Collaborates with members of the communication, web and technology teams to design an integrated marketing program using up-to- date strategies and tactics to raise the UWFAITH profile and build two-way engagement with potential and current members, including digital, social media initiatives and print marketing.
- Demonstrates energy and creativity in corporate/agency/member engagement through a wide range of efforts including fundraising, donor relations and philanthropy.
- Effectively collaborates with internal customers/performers to retain and engage donors to increase membership commitments.
- Responsible for oversight of the successful delivery of blended (combining face-to-face and online) learning for members and potential members.
- Develops conference/district/unit level learning plans/curriculum relating to UWFAITH’s internal/external metrics to drive participant engagement.
- Creates reasonable timelines and workflows for projects- which enables simultaneous execution of multiple projects in your portfolio.
- Creates, plans and executes both online and offline engagement strategies to motivate participants to value learning through our online offerings.
- Serves as the point person for work under the ENGAGE priority responsible for delivery, developing and managing multiple teams through real time decisions that can call for course changes throughout the implementation process.
- Provides oversight for the organizational priority Engage and serves as the lead performer in creating growth market strategies essential to UWFAITH revenue, membership and giving goals.
- Provides strategic thinking and leadership skills that enable teams to:
- Identify potential members and current membership needs.
- Design and execute analytics for studying membership barriers.
- Bring content expertise as related to organizational goals.
- Vet findings and make formal recommendations related to the strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide oversight, leadership, and regional/program alignment in line with the strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage a team whose work includes developing a DARCI around objectives, campaigns and initiatives under Engage goals, which includes strategies to achieve membership engagement, growth and retention, internal and external customer satisfaction, and competitive intelligence insights.
- Builds and develops a customer experience in line with the UWFAITH vision and strategy. Creates a detailed roadmap for customer activation.
- Use research and data to help define/redefine and develop marketing channels using internal and external channels.
- Develops market/customer segmentation, audience targeting strategies and re-activation strategies. Uses segmentation and behavioral data to personalize and optimize each Customer’s experience.
- Champions UWFAITH’s strategic priorities through national/agency community of influencers and decision makers through stakeholder engagement.
- Work with staff and consultants to lead the strategic direction for new initiatives like Soul Care retreats and Thrive membership newsletter.
- Partners with geographies/territories/functions to provide strategic partnerships direction; ensures coordinated outreach and national/local strategy connectivity.
- Promote a culture of innovation that includes staff and programming.
- Program oversite includes Mission u, Distance Learning, Membership and Spiritual Growth.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Michelle Clemons, Human Resources Director, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 332-240-B2822