UCF Wesley Foundation: Sports Ministry Director
Date Posted: 8/6/2020
UCF Wesley Foundation, Corsicana, TX
This employee fulfills director duties, supports Navarro College student-athletes in their personal spiritual growth and helps promote ministry of the UCF Wesley Foundation in Navarro College and the community.
- Understands the mission of the UCF Wesley and the ministry goals to the students.
- Works with director, administrative assistant and student employees to staff hours to ensure the UCF Wesley is open for students.
- Attends weekly staff meeting.
- Handles communication by Zoom, telephone, email, text and social media.
- Assists the Director with communications (social media, web development, curriculum, etc.).
- Helps to build and maintain Sports Ministry on Navarro College campus for athletes to promote spiritual growth of students and coaches.
- Plans Sports Ministry program, activities, events and Bible studies.
- Expands ministry outreach to at least 4 sport teams at Navarro College.
- Builds relationships with students and coaches intentionally focused on deepening their spiritual life.
- Attend and teach Bible studies, lead small groups and preach during Amplified Worship as needed.
- Lead students in mission efforts and retreats relevant to the semester topic.
- Pastoral Care (listening, encouraging, praying, spiritual guidance, etc.)
Personal Spiritual Growth
- Practice spiritual disciplines daily (scripture read, prayer, service, etc.).
- Live a life of witness and integrity in the ways of Christ (including sobriety and abstinence outside of marriage).
- Ministry experience is recommended. Seminary enrollment or seminary degree preferred.
- Administrative experience such as organizational skills and computer competency.
- Ability to flex time as required
- Clear criminal record check
- Requires personal vehicle
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week August through May. Weekends and evenings are needed for sport events.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Rev. Dr. Meredith Bell at
Contact Phone: 817-991-3543