Tyler Street UMC: Sound Technician
Date Posted: 10/3/2018
Tyler Street UMC, Dallas, TX
Produce the best possible atmosphere for worship through sound reinforcement. This includes, but is not limited to, creating the best music mix possible, creating an audio mix that meets the mood the pastor and worship director wants to convey and supporting the audio needs of the people involved with the church service.
- A heart for worshiping God
- Able to work in a team setting and take directions.
- Experience mixing audio successfully in a live environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think quickly and react/troubleshoot properly in high-stress situations.
- Set up stage for/with musicians when needed.
- Perform proper line check.
- Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, proper volume settings and the eq/mixing process.
- Responsible for adjusting sound levels during service as needed.
- Responsible for recording the service.
- Responsible for following stage and schedule cues.
- Responsible for providing a distraction-free service as it relates to audio production.
- Turn off mixer/sound equipment
- Send recorded services to worship director
- Arrive two hours before 11:30 a.m. Sunday service (contemporary)
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before 8 p.m. rehearsal for set up
- Stay through rehearsal and shut off system after (typical rehearsal lasts until 9:15 p.m.)
How to Apply
Send resume and three references to Worship Director Mariel Vela at
Contact Phone: (469) 463-8015