Trinity UMC: Contemporary Worship Leader
Date Posted: 3/10/2022
Trinity UMC, Arlington, TX
The primary components of this position involve:
- Planning and leading worship for the church’s 9:30 a.m. Thrive Contemporary Worship Service (Trinity Arlington)
- Cultivating a team of musicians to serve the church’s contemporary music needs.
These duties support the mission of the church: Becoming Disciples of Jesus to Make a Difference. They are organized around the church’s ministry strategies: Connect, Grow, and Go.
This position fills an important part of the church’s overall Music and Worship Ministry. The ideal candidate will possess a contagious passion for contemporary worship and will demonstrate an ability to work well in a team-centered environment with particular focus on providing authentic, engaging, powerful worship experiences.
Salary is commensurate with past experience.
Reports to the Director of Music & Worship
- A deep and growing love for Jesus Christ
- A demonstrated history of leading effective contemporary worship within a church setting offering multiple styles of worship (traditional, contemporary, crossover); demonstrated ability to compliment and support all styles of worship offered by the church
- Agreement with the vision, direction and theological beliefs of Trinity UMC
- A commitment to mobilize the gifts of the congregation and apply them to furthering the mission of the church
- An ability to organize and administrate as a ministry leader
- A proven team player who values healthy church-staff interaction
- A competent vocalist with proven mastery in worship band leadership
- An affinity and a deep love for engaging in worship
- A thorough understanding and familiarity with common contemporary worship styles of the current time
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor and the Director of Music & Worship to plan and coordinate the contemporary worship needs of the congregation – aimed at achieving the primary component goals listed in the overview above.
- Recruit, teach, direct, nurture, and develop music skills of singers and instrumentalists who have a desire to serve through contemporary music – enabling them to use their gifts in service to God at TUMC.
- Lead a weekly rehearsal with our Thrive worship band in preparation for Sunday worship.
- Participate and support the vision for cohesive worship design with preachers, music staff, and print/media support staff for all worship styles.
- Lend capabilities to support other church ministries throughout the year, including but not limited to annual VBS, sports activities, music camp, children/youth camps, special worship services, etc.
- Develop relationships with staff and congregation members to enhance ministry – including staff meetings, church social activities, etc.
- Submit communication pieces (print, digital, social media, etc.) as needed.
- Meet weekly with the Director of Music & Worship.
- Attend continuing education events as needed to enhance contemporary music goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Email resume which highlights your background of leading contemporary music in worship to Kendall Carter, Director of Music & Worship, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 817-274-1345