Trinity UMC Arlington: Children's Ministry Director
Date Posted: 11/6/2023
Trinity UMC Arlington, Arlington, TX
The ideal leader for this position is one who has a successful ministry background, makes authentic connections with children and families instinctively, relies on parent input and buy-in for ministry goals & implementation, and excels in providing comprehensive ministry programming to kids from birth through early middle school throughout each week.
The position will be tailored around the attributes of the ideal candidate, which may result in either a full-time or part-time role. The position also oversees a team of volunteers and workers who fulfill childcare/nursery needs. Salary is negotiable, based primarily on experience.
The position reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Direct and lead all aspects of children’s ministry, including weekly Sunday School for K-6th grade kids; Sunday morning Children’s Church activities; Sunday and Wednesday evening kids programming; seasonal and other special programming throughout the year; summer VBS and kids camps; and 6th-grade Confirmation education.
- Attend appropriate meetings – church staff, children’s ministries staff, and other church meetings where appropriate.
- Provide supervisory leadership, direction, and oversight for the Children’s Ministry staff team of volunteers and workers – including recruiting, orienting, placing, onboarding, and training.
- Develop timely and effective follow-up procedures for new families that attend children’s events.
- Support and communicate strongly with parents of children.
- Steward and oversee the Children’s Ministry budget.
- Coordinate childcare alongside volunteers and workers to support all church ministry programs as needed.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with church members and staff, treating areas of disagreement/conflict with a spirit of comradery, resolution, and reconciliation
- Professional experience working with children in a church or school setting. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated deep, personal Christian faith & integrity; Biblically grounded in faith as a follower of Jesus Christ.
- Excellent communication skill in both verbal and written form.
- Keen ability to lead others, whether children, volunteers, staff, etc.
- Positive and affirming; cheer leader approach with kids.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion in all communications.
How to Apply
Email your resume to Rev. Ben Disney at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 817-274-1345