Trietsch Memorial UMC: Director of Youth Ministries
Date Posted: 7/10/2019
Trietsch Memorial UMC, Flower Mound, TX
Trietsch Memorial is an active medium-sized, progressive church serving people from all over the greater Lewisville, Flower Mound and Highland Village areas.
Trietsch values vibrant worship, small group learning, inclusiveness and significant missional outreach both locally and internationally. To understand our ministry, you must first know our mission: "Inviting all people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.” All our ministry decisions flow from this one foundational statement.
- Plan, develop, implement and oversee all aspects of a balanced youth ministry program (grades 6th – 12th) specifically in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach.
- Plan and implement programming that further Trietsch’s Mission, Vision and Values. Constantly reinforce Mission, Vision and Values through messaging and teaching.
- Identify and create settings for a clear pathway to discipleship.
- Develop written short-term and long-term goals and prepare the annual youth budget.
- Recruit, train and deploy adult volunteers to assist in youth ministry and provide training opportunities for all teachers and volunteer workers in the youth ministry program. Comply with Ministry Safe and background check requirements.
- Coordinate and approve all youth curriculum including Sunday morning and small groups from a Wesleyan/Methodist point of view.
- Coordinate, recruit and implement 6th grade and Short-course Confirmation.
- Be available to youth and parents in a variety of ways (lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, hospital visits, times of crisis, etc.)
- College graduate or equivalent.
- Academic and/or specialized training in youth ministry OR minimum of two years’ experience working with youth.
- Team player with effective communication skills.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Director of Finance/Operations Becky Hornback at [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-539-8547