Trietsch Memorial UMC: Director of Children's Music
Date Posted: 4/18/2018
Trietsch Memorial UMC, Flower Mound, TX
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of music, Master’s in Music Education preferred
- Teacher’s Certification in Music, K-12 preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills specifically in Microsoft Office
- Teaches Children’s Choir weekly and oversees and gives guidance to teachers, accompanists, and assistants of the other groups through personal meetings, phone calls, e-mails, curriculum and repertoire, etc.
- Communicates with parents regularly.
- Teaches pre-school music during Sunday morning Sunday School hour.
- Maintains a performance schedule and works out all logistics associated with each performance.
- Oversees summer music camp including executive oversight, recruiting and training teachers, performing and overseeing administrative tasks, conducting rehearsals and managing performances.
- Recruits teachers, provides training and lesson plans for Vacation Bible School, including preschool and elementary. Responsible for the music rotation.
- Assist with staffing and volunteers for Jesus, Arts and Music Camp (for the students from Wesley Ranking in East Dallas)
- Regularly communicate with the church Children’s Director and assists with music during other children’s events as necessary. (Tuesdays at Trietsch, Advent Dinner, etc.)
- 10 per week
How to Apply
Mail or email a resume to Tricia Johnson at
Trietsch Memorial United Methodist Church
Attn: Tricia Johnson
6101 Morriss Road Flower Mound, TX 75026