The Woods UMC: Technical Coordinator
Date Posted: 4/19/2022
The Woods UMC, Grand Prairie, TX
Position: Technical Coordinator
Classification: Part Time/ Non-Exempt
Schedule: 10-12 hours a week
Compensation: Hourly wage is negotiable based upon experience
- Provide knowledge and oversight of all technical equipment including editing, graphics, switchers, web broadcast equipment, Display Monitors, LED outdoor sign and audio/visual/lighting - related servers, software and computers.
- Maintain excellent working conditions and user-friendliness of audio/visual/lighting systems by performing regular maintenance on audio, video, lighting, and media systems i.e. clean dimmer racks, clean projectors, maintain CD printers, replace fixture lamps
- Recruit, train, and schedule technical volunteers for regular services, funerals, weddings, and rental events.
- Participate with the worship ministries leadership in the planning of the technical aspects of services and special events. Direct and oversee the technical and production requirements for the same.
- Responsible for set up and teardown of A/V equipment for services and special events.
- Work with church ministries to provide production assistance (directly or indirectly) for on-going and one-time events.
- Plan, capture, and edit short video segments for use in normal Sunday production and special events.
- Oversee the Media Ministry of the church including the selection of related outside services / vendors.
- A knowledge of audio, visual and related computer systems used to support a ministry
- Experience with Pro-Presenter of similar presentation software
- Trained in set-up and operation audio and video equipment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize the A/V support of church services and programs
- Ability to work with the Pastor, Music Director and other staff in a productive and harmonious manner
- Willingness to work a varied and changing schedule to meet the ministry’s needs, not limited to Sunday morning services only.
- Previous experience in a similar role with a religious organization
- A degree or equivalent training relevant to the field
- A commitment to Christian beliefs and practices
How to Apply
Email a resume to
Contact Email: [email protected]