The Woods UMC: Office Manager
Date Posted: 8/29/2018
The Woods UMC, Grand Prairie, TX
- Demonstrate a commitment to Christ and willingness to serve in this particular ministry.
- Demonstrate a caring attitude that will fulfill the church's mission and vision.
- Have the ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be professional at all times when interacting with the membership and the public.
- Possess excellent time management skills and organizational abilities.
- Demonstrate strong ability to multi-task and be able to meet constant demands of the job while encountering multiple and frequent interruptions during the work day.
- Demonstrate effective level of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate, motivate, and lead teams of volunteers.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve conflict appropriately.
- Serve as receptionist for the church office determining the needs of those who call or come in and directing them to the appropriate person or place in the church.
- General office duties to include answering phones, filing, typing, handling questions and/or complaints, data entry, computer usage, daily mail sorting.
- Prepare weekly worship bulletin, outside sign update, weekly prayer list update, Facebook update.
- Prepare monthly newsletter, as well as mailing to homebound members.
- Prepare church monthly calendar, scheduling weddings and funerals
- Maintain church membership which includes weekly attendance, adding and deleting of members and notifying other churches of transfers.
- Prepare and mail memorial letters.
- Work with Financial Secretary as needed and/or required.
- Receive, edit, and send mass e-mails.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to provide additional support for the church office.
- Order office supplies for church.
- Provide background checks for preschools, volunteers and staff.
- Schedule MinistrySafe training for all volunteers and staff and monitors renewals.
- Attend church council meetings.
- Prepare Church Conference paperwork.
- Prepare year-end reports for Conference.
- Schedule use of building and if needed the HVAC.
- Schedules monthly ushers, greeters, acolytes and communion assistants.
- Attend weekly worship and staff meetings.
- Other duties as required.
- Three years experience in performing general office work.
- Strong keyboarding skills with computer competency and aptitude, particularly with Windows and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher)
- Dependability is vital and accessibility is important.
- Position requires knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Accountability: The Office Manager position will be directly responsible to the pastor. The Staff-Parish Relations Committee will provide additional support, oversight, and evaluation as requested or required
Hours: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Thursday with a 30-minute lunch.
How to Apply
Submit resumes to Rev. Eric Folkerth at
Contact Phone: (972) 602-9944