The Storehouse of Collin County: Assistant Pantry Director
Date Posted: 4/29/2022
The Storehouse of Collin County, Plano, TX
Seven Loaves Food Pantry is a program of The Storehouse of Collin County, located in Plano. The Assistant Pantry Director is responsible for supporting all aspects of Seven Loaves’ procurement and distribution of food. This includes, but is not limited to, pickup, receipt, storage, preparation and distribution of food to neighbors in need. Embraces core values of Engagement, Empathy, and Encouragement while fulfilling our mission to feed, clothe, and care as neighbors in one community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assists in the management of all aspects of food inventory procurement, controls, and distribution. Assistance with, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining adequate food supply to provide the best quality food for 5,000+ families per month within budget:
- Order and receive food
- Validate invoices from North Texas Food Bank
- Coordinate, pickup, receive, and record food donations from individuals and retailers
- Stock warehouse and ensure all food is sorted and stored in a safe and sanitary manner
- o Inventory food weekly and provide necessary reports to Director of Operations
- Working with North Texas Food Bank to increase food pick-ups from stores using the pantry box truck through the NTFB Retail Partner program.
- Utilizing FIFO (first in, first out) inventory practices to ensure food quality and minimize waste.
- Organizing and overseeing food distribution process with assistance of other staff and volunteers.
- Orienting volunteers on organization mission and values and train on safe and proper completion of preparation and distribution tasks.
- Implementing food pantry safety policies and procedures as outlined internally and by outside agencies such as NTFB and USDA.
- Adhering to organization’s core values of Engagement, Empathy, and Encouragement.
- Ensuring proper integration of Seven Loaves with other Storehouse programs.
- Working with Director of Seven Loaves to set and manage program budget.
- Ensuring proper safety measures are in place, well communicated, and adhered to for all staff, volunteers, visitors, and neighbors who enter the pantry.
- Hire, train, motivate, supervise, and evaluate pantry staff.
- Schedule pantry staff to ensure consistent, adequate support for operations.
- Oversee volunteer activities within Seven Loaves in conjunction with Director of Volunteer Services.
- Maintain a clean, well-ordered pantry.
- Perform minor facility maintenance as needed.
- Operate electric forklift, manual pallet jacket, 24’ box truck, and other pantry equipment.
- Ensure all equipment – forklift, truck, refrigerator, freezer, pallet jacks – and facility stay in good working order; schedule maintenance/repairs as needed.
- Strong communication and leadership skills – position requires ability to interact and communicate with staff, volunteers, and community.
- Knowledge of warehouse safety, storage practices, and inventory management a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Strong organization and time management skills required.
- Able to work as a collaborative team member in delivering high level customer service.
- Must be able to safely operate a 24’ box truck (no CDL required).
- Able to lift 25-to-50-pound boxes regularly.
- Able to work outside during extreme weather conditions as needed.
- Able to stand and work on your feet at least 6 hours of the day.
Reports to: Director of Seven Loaves.
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday.
How to Apply
Email a resume salary requirements to
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-977-2037