The North Texas Conference Ministry Center: Hospitality and Ministry Center Liaison
Date Posted: 8/8/2019
The North Texas Conference Ministry Center, Plano, TX
The North Texas Conference Ministry Center is seeking an individual to assume the responsibilities of Hospitality and Ministry Center Liaison. This person would greet people entering the building, oversee the calendar and room set-up, and serve as the administrative assistant to three of the four Ministry Center directors.
The position is full-time and requires availability on at least one Saturday each month. The package includes the health insurance coverage, matching pension contributions at $2 to $1 for the first 3% of pension, as well as vacation and holidays. The normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The individual would need to arrive by 8:15 to open the building. Ideally, the position would begin on Monday, Aug. 19, 2019.
- Provides administrative support to three of the Center Directors.
- Provides assistance on special projects as requested by the Center Directors.
- Welcome and assist visitors entering the facility
- Manage switchboard
- Open and close the Ministry Center
- Provide basic IT and AV assistance for meetings (training provided on our systems)
- Oversee meeting rooms calendaring and send meeting/calendar schedules to staff weekly
- Oversee meeting rooms set-up (ability to move tables and chairs is required)
- Provide basic set up and clean up for meetings
- Organize catering services for Centers and/or cabinet
- Oversee seasonal decorations in welcome center
- Oversee readiness of reception area, Connection Corner, downstairs kitchen, restrooms and meeting rooms for supplies and cleanliness
- Coordinate and assist with building manager as needed
- Provide assistance with hotel accommodations as needed
- Coordinate chapel services, including schedule of preachers and purchase of communion elements
- Organize monthly building luncheon
- Coordinate ministry center staff recognition of birthdays, joys and concerns
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and/or proof-reading a plus
- Coordinate with communications team for the reception area welcome screen
- Proficiency in conversational Spanish and/or Korean is a plus.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Rev. Jodi Smith at
Contact Phone: 972-526-5000