Texas A&M-Commerce Wesley Foundation: Director of Campus Ministry
Date Posted: 9/29/2022
Texas A&M-Commerce Wesley Foundation, Commerce, TX
The Wesley at TAMUC serves the students of Texas A&M University-Commerce. The position is appointed or assigned and supported by the North Texas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church and is a registered non-profit organization in Texas. Campus Ministries in the North Texas Conference seek to engage diverse students and develop principled Christian leaders for Christ, their respective campuses, and the world.
The mission for the Wesley at TAMUC is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who transform the world to reflect God's kin-dom (the beloved community). We want to help mold students for faithful service to God and one another as we strive to create a world that reflects God's aim for our society. We meet this mission by cultivating community, providing opportunities to learn and grow in faith, and service opportunities for the TAMUC campus, community of Commerce and the world. Our vision is to be a ministry where ALL God's children can Belong, Believe, Become, and Be More!
Ministry with College Students (specifically 18-22 year-old undergraduate students):
- Providing student discipleship in large groups, small groups and one-on-one settings and engaging in United Methodist Wesleyan Formation in-person and virtually.
- Leading and cultivating leadership for study, social justice, outreach and worship
- Participating in on-campus events at TAMUC
- Mentoring and training student leaders for ministry leadership
- Organizing service opportunities for students locally, regionally and/or globally
Administrate the Wesley Foundation:
- Managing the Wesley at TAMUC ministry, finances, property and shared space agreements
- Supervising student leadership and internships
- Facilitate communications
- Connecting with area churches, organizations and individuals to raise awareness and support for the ministry
- Partnering with TAMUC University and community leadership
- Connecting with North Texas Conference leadership through the Center for Leadership Development
- Engaging with Board of Directors to assist especially with governance and fundraising
- United Methodist
- Master of Divinity or Master of Theology Degree preferred
- Professional Ministry experience
- Management experience with staff and budget oversight
- Demonstrated self-starter & excellent interpersonal skills
NTC Clergy contact your District Superintendent to share your intention to apply.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Rev. Cammy Gaston at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 972-526-5036