TCU Wesley Foundation: Pastor/Director
Date Posted: 4/9/2018
TCU Wesley Foundation, Fort Worth, TX
The Pastor/Director is a pastor to the student community who provides ongoing preaching and teaching, mentoring and discipleship, care and counseling, and relational leadership to grow and equip students for a life of faith and servant leadership. The Pastor/Director is also a director for the organization who provides strategic and administrative leadership for Wesley and develops relationships on campus, in the community, and throughout the annual conference that help grow and strengthen the ministry.
The TCU Wesley Foundation is the United Methodist campus ministry at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. TCU Wesley is an extension ministry of the Central Texas Conference of the UMC and has served the students of TCU for 70 years.
The mission of TCU Wesley is to make disciples of Jesus who think and live as servant leaders and faith-driven citizens in the Church and the world. The vision of TCU Wesley is to be a Christ-centered and welcoming community that inspires personal growth and develops student leaders who change the campus and the world.
The current Wesley community includes weekly dinner and worship, multiple small groups and Bible studies, an active student leadership team, an intentional living community, regular outreach to campus, service and fellowship events, and multiple annual off-campus experiences (mission trips, retreats).
TCU Wesley has a healthy Board of Directors and very strong financial support from the annual conference; has a great relationship with the TCU Office of Religious and Spiritual Life; and benefits from good relationships with local United Methodist churches. The TCU Wesley facility sits across the street from the TCU campus, one block from the campus library.
- A servant leader who feels called to ministry with college students and who possess gifts for relationship-building, organizational leadership, pastoral care, and student discipleship.
- Bachelors degree, pursuing theological studies, and licensed or otherwise credentialed within the United Methodist Church or another Wesleyan theological tradition.
- Ministry experience working with students and/or young adults.
- An ordained deacon or elder in the United Methodist Church
- An MDiv from a United Methodist accredited seminary
- At least 2 years of experience leading a campus ministry or serving in university chaplaincy
Salary & Benefits
Compensation (salary and housing allowance) depends on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, UMC pension, reimbursable account, and continuing education. A moving stipend will be provided; amount to be negotiated.
How to Apply
Specific questions about the position may be directed to Rev. Paul Massingill at 305-282-1929.
Email a resume including at least three references along with a letter describing your interest in campus ministry to Jeff Roper at