Stonebridge UMC: Serving Ministries Director
Date Posted: 10/24/2019
Stonebridge UMC, McKinney, TX
Principles of staff ministry at Stonebridge UMC
- The vision statement guides our ministries, structure and decision making.
- We seek to be joyful people that strive to live and love like Jesus.
- The Church belongs to God; staff leaders are trustees and servants.
- The role of staff is to lead and equip God’s people for service and ministry to the church and beyond.
- The Church is understood in the Biblical image of the body; so, the staff also understands itself to work together as a team.
- Staff members exercise self-leadership to ensure that we remain healthy and continue to grow in all aspects.
Staff Core Values
- Authentic: We will model what we want to see in others
- Relational: We will show how much we care before we talk about what we know
- Positive: We will use encouragement and treat the church as a gossip-free zone
- Strategic: We will think bigger and leverage our influence
- Faithful: We will honor God in all we do
A Vision for Serving Ministries at Stonebridge UMC
We want to empower others, seek justice, meet needs and do all of that together with our neighbors so that the footprint of God’s powerful love is expanded.
At Stonebridge UMC, our focus is ministry with others, not to others. Serving Ministries will be a wholistic approach of discipleship formation that includes generous hospitality, meaningful relationships, spiritual formation and gifts-based serving within the congregation as well as into the community. Serving Ministries is an important aspect of Stonebridge UMC and will serve as an important connecting point for many people and programs. We understand our serving ministries as opportunities to grow in relationship with one another and with our community.
The Director of Serving Ministries will oversee all connecting and serving ministries of the congregation. This person will work in conjunction with the staff and Serving Ministry Team to screen, facilitate and celebrate all the serving ministries of the church. Travel, including international, is required several times a year. This is a part-time position (30 hours/week average) and the hourly and weekly work demand fluctuates.
Attention will be given to the following areas of responsibility including, but not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of the Serving Ministries
- Regular meetings with Serving Ministry Team
- Coordinate calendar with Serving Ministry events and the church calendar
- Coordinate and travel with international serving ministry teams
- Develop relationships with community partners such as Community Lifeline Center, Family Promise, etc., in order to better serve their needs and interface with other helping agencies
- Field benevolence requests from individuals and groups
- Coordinate communication between serving ministry area leads and Communications Director
- Schedule Communion offerings for designated ministries
- Connection Ministries
- Create and coordinate “next step” processes to include connecting guests to the church, connecting new members into discipleship and service, etc.
- Creating a system of volunteer recruitment, training, support, and accountability
- Other responsibilities
- Participate in church-wide activities and efforts
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, events, etc.
The Director of Serving Ministries reports to the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Characteristics
Stonebridge is prayerfully searching for someone who
- Is deeply committed to Christ and exhibits faithful living
- Is committed to working as a team member in collaborative efforts
- Is an energetic and passionate person that connects easily to others
- Is teachable and always learning
- Has the ability to envision new realities and can work toward realizing them
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Has demonstrated experience creating a sustainable model of ministry
- Has the physical ability to be active for periods of time
- Has the ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Has a good understanding of United Methodist beliefs and practices
- Preferred to have attained at least a bachelor’s degree
How to Apply
Inquiries may be made to Julia Verbeten, Business Manager, at
Contact Phone: 972-529-5601