Stonebridge UMC: Serving Ministries Coordinator
Date Posted: 6/18/2019
Stonebridge UMC, McKinney, TX
At Stonebridge UMC, we understand our serving ministries as opportunities to grow in relationship with our community. We know sharing the love of Christ in tangible ways has its greatest kingdom-building impact when we also seek to know and love our neighbors.
At Stonebridge UMC, our focus is ministry with others, not to others. There are plenty of great organizations doing relief work; we are doing relational work. Serving ministries also transform us as disciples as we learn to see where God is already moving among us in our community and as we learn from those whom we encounter as we serve. We want to empower others, seek justice, meet needs and do all of that together with our neighbors.
This position will oversee all of the serving ministry efforts for the congregation. This person will work in conjunction with the serving ministry team to screen, facilitate and celebrate all the serving ministries of the church. Travel, including international, is required several times a year. This is a part-time position (20 hours/week average) and the hourly and weekly work demand fluctuates.
Attention will be given to the following areas of responsibility:
- Meet monthly with serving ministry team to vision cast, calendar and strategize.
- Coordinate all communication between ministry area leads and the communications director.
- Coordinate each ministry area with the area lead throughout the year.
- Coordinate travel on all serve trips throughout the year and participate as possible.
- Screen new serving opportunities against our serving vision.
- Field most benevolence requests by connecting those people to local resources.
- Coordinate communion Sunday special offerings and publication materials.
- Serve as the connection point between the church and local non-profits.
- Coordinate with other church-wide ministries, such as Children and Youth, to create serving opportunities for people of all ages.
Stonebridge is prayerfully searching for someone who
- Is deeply committed to Christ and exhibits faithful living
- Is committed to working as a team member in collaborative efforts
- Is an energetic and passionate person that connects easily to others
- Is teachable and always learning
- Is able to be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Has the physical ability to be active for periods of time
- Has the ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Has a basic understanding of United Methodist beliefs and practices
- Preferred to have attained at least an Associate degree
Reporting: The Serving Ministries Coordinator reports to the Senior Pastor.
Salary and Benefits: $22-25,000 annual/salaried (depending on experience and qualifications). Expenses for church-sponsored trips are covered by the church.
How to Apply
For information about applying, contact Business Manager Julia Verbeten at
Contact Phone: 972-529-5601