St. Philip's UMC: Custodian
Date Posted: 4/17/2018
St. Philip's UMC, Garland, TX
The part-time Custodian is responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of all church property and the general security of the building while on the job. In the event of weddings, funerals and other non-church sponsored events, the event host will be responsible for paying for the custodian’s services. Church policy will dictate fees.
This is not intended to be a complete listing.
- Responsible for the cleaning of the church facility. This includes but is not limited to dusting, vacuuming, straightening and picking up, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and sanitizing. Also includes weekly tasks.
- Remove all trash from the building and place it in the dumpster.
- Maintain the cleanliness of and provide supplies for all washrooms.
- Check all rooms used since the prior cleaning and shut off lights and lock doors as needed.
- Prepare all classrooms for use. This is to include, but not be limited to, arranging chair and table set-ups, cleaning blackboards, emptying waste baskets, vacuuming, mopping floor surfaces as needed, damp wiping all table and counter surfaces, etc.
- Immediately report to the Office Manager and Trustees chairperson any major leaks, mechanical system failures or major maintenance problems.
- The part-time Custodian will be given a general weekly work schedule by the Office Manager along with any changes, indicating when and where regular cleaning will be performed.
- The part-time Custodian is expected to be able to organize and conduct his/her work without continuing reminders. The schedule for upcoming events will be distributed along with any changes on a weekly basis by the church office.
- Passion for good stewardship of the facilities God has given the church.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail.
The Custodian reports to the Office Manager.
20 hours per week
How to Apply
Email Misty Gilmore for an application or stop by during office hours: Mondays to Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to noon. Church address is 3717 Broadway, Garland, TX 75043