St. Paul UMC: Director of Music Ministries
Date Posted: 3/9/2022
St. Paul UMC, Dallas, TX
- Possess the skills in Praise team and instrumental conducting, in voice development and in worship planning in coordination with the pastor.
- Display openness to a wide variety of musical styles.
- Have effective communication skills (both orally and written).
- Possess good time management skills by being on time for practices, meetings, and church services, along with effective use of practice times.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess the interpersonal skills needed to relate to a diverse group of people such as pastoral staff, musicians, church leaders and members.
- Must have a degree in music and/or equivalent work experience; must be knowledgeable in music literature, be able to read music and be able to coach choir participants in learning written scores.
- Must be an accomplished musician on piano and electric organ and be versatile in performing of a variety of gospel genres.
- Be able to perform all essential functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must pass a criminal background check
This position includes leading all music for Sunday services as well as special services as needed (e.g., Holy Week, Christmas Eve, etc.).
- Select and coordinate congregational songs that connect with sermon topics and seasonal themes.
- Encourage the development of spiritual, musical, artistic, and technical gifts of others.
- Work within an approved annual music budget.
- Order all music and music supplies for the music ministry and maintain the music library.
- Secure maintenance and tuning for instruments as needed.
- Establish rehearsal schedules for the Praise team & Choirs
- Recruit, train and equip singers and musicians for participation in worship services.
- Participate in regular staff meetings.
- Make substitution arrangements when unable to perform duties as described during services or practices.
Above all, the Music Director must believe that God has purpose for him/her/them in this ministry. This person should demonstrate a strong faith and commitment to Jesus Christ and be able to share his/her/their faith with the congregation of the church.
Supervisory Controls: The Music Director is Directly accountable, supervised and guided by the Pastor. He/She/They will also relate to the Staff Parish Relations Team.
How to Apply
Email a resume to Tareska Hairston, Director of Worship & The Arts, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-274-5782