St Marks UMC: Part-Time Organist/Pianist
Date Posted: 4/30/2018
St Marks UMC, Mesquite, TX
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Accompany the adult choir during Wednesday night rehearsals (6:30 PM – 7:30 PM)
- Provide the organ and/or piano music for Sunday morning worship service(s) (10:30 AM – 12:30 PM) and for other services as they appear on the Christian calendar.(Easter & Christmas)
- Provide music for rehearsals and performances for any choir specials as scheduled by the Choir Director or the Pastor
- Assist in the coordination of special music and organ accompaniments (prelude, postlude etc.) for church services with the Choir Director and the Pastor
- Special playing for weddings will be at the organist’s discretion as to whether he/she is available and extra fee for this service.
- Special playing for funerals must be accommodated wherever possible or an alternate found. Extra fee for this service.
- Comply with copyright laws
- Demonstrate familiarity with and flexibility to usage of various styles of worship music
- Accompany the Children’s Choir (when a Children’s Choir is organized) – Practice is Sunday mornings at 9:30 AM.
How to Apply
Send CVs to Millie Arnold at