St. Luke "Community" UMC: Children and Youth Minister
Date Posted: 7/26/2019
St. Luke "Community" UMC, Dallas, TX
The Children and Youth Minister, through wisdom and discernment, is responsible for the full-range introduction, planning, training and Christian education and other activities promoting fellowship and spiritual development for both youth and children of the St. Luke “Community” United Methodist Church. This is a full time position reporting to the Executive Pastor.
- Assist in developing and implementing a long-range vision and plan for the Children and Youth Ministries
- Creating opportunities for open communication with parents or guardians.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate teaching and educational materials that support the defined goals of the children and youth ministries of the church.
- Assist in recruiting, training, directing and meeting regularly with volunteers to augment the ministries.
- Perform programmed outreach activities aimed at increasing membership of children and youth families and teaching youth and children how to serve the community.
- Reset the children’s nursery program by evaluation, assessment, and building a winning strategy to make the church nursery more attractive to parents or guardians.
- Implement a weekly program based on relationships built by being present in the schools and the community.
- Benchmark other Youth, Children, and nursery ministries for best practices.
- Facilitate Sunday School Programs which include programming, curriculum planning, instruction and periodically leading worship.
- Minimum of two years of experience developing and designing children and/or youth Christian programming (ages 12-18).
- Demonstrate abilities in leading committees and organizing activities.
- Bachelor degree required: divinity degree desirable. Candidates with bachelor’s degrees in child development or a related field, plus three years of experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (for travel and transportation ability).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer skills.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement children and youth ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church and embrace Christian discipline, doctrine and theology.
- Others as assigned.
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid Time Off
Additional notes: Requires a moderate degree of physical activity: sitting at computer, manual dexterity, bending, stooping, extended periods of walking, reaching, and light lifting
How to Apply
Send resumes to Pastor Lynda Mayberry at
Contact Phone: 214-821-2970