St. Luke "Community" UMC: Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: 3/21/2019
St. Luke "Community" UMC, Dallas, TX
The Administrative Assistant serves as the trusted assistant to the Executive Pastor. This person will provide high level support in a wide range of activities including general office administrative functions, communications, marketing, technology and social media.
The Administrative Assistant must maintain a cheerful atmosphere of hospitality while demonstrating keen organizational skills as the needs of persons entering the office are addressed. The ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and assignments, demonstrate effective time management, exercise tact, professionalism, dependability and confidentiality are essential daily elements of this position.
A. Manages phone calls, emails, letters and other forms of communication and correspondence both to and from the Executive pastor’s office.
- Maintains and updates Executive pastor’s appointment calendar for meetings, events, conferences, etc.as needed and directed
- Provides the Executive pastor with updated daily, weekly, monthly and yearly calendars
- Handles travel plans associated with ministry engagements as needed
B. Assists with meeting preparation
- Aids in preparation for meetings and events through the production of documents, handouts, reports, ordered meals, reminders, etc., as requested by the Executive pastor
- Records meeting minutes, when requested.
- Maintains various types of files and databases for the Executive pastor and church
- Performs general administrative duties for the Executive pastor and church including typing, printing, composing letters, and reports, etc.
- Reviews correspondence for procedural and grammatical accuracy, conformance with policy and factual correctness.
- Demonstrate minimum typing proficiency of 65wpm and professional transcribing experience
C. Assists with both internal and external communications related to the vision, mission, ministries and image of SLCUMC
- Responsible for creating a marketing strategy and style guide associated with updating and managing the internal and external image of SLCUMC
- Responsible for the developing creative signage for marketing special events
- Responsible for bulk mailers, the St. Luke e-blast, and updating the events on the website
- Takes initiative for new and special projects, as requested by the Executive pastor
- Occasional work on Saturdays/Sundays required
- Consults with ministry leaders to identify/define leaders’ needs and requirements relative to space needs in the church
- May run errands related to the ministries on behalf of the Executive pastor
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma is the minimum required, with some college education preferred
- Must be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative, sometimes clerical, and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little supervision
- Must have strong writing and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important, with the ability to review correspondence for procedural and grammatical accuracy, conformance with policy/practices and factual correctness.
- Must have effective time-management skills
Desirable to have 3-5 years of experience as a senior level administrative assistant
- Must possess a working knowledge of standard office, equipment, including computers, copiers, phone, calculators and fax machines.
- Must demonstrate strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs, including Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher, Excel, database systems and use of the Internet
- Must possess efficient, caring and discerning telephone skills
- Must be willing to assist in other capacities in order to support the overall ministry of SLCUMC.
- Must have a heart for the ministry of SLCUMC and the people of this church family
- Must demonstrate an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ through regular prayer, Bible study and worship
How to Apply
No phone calls. Send resumes to Pastor of Administration Sharon Larkin at
Contact Phone: 214-821-2970