St. Luke "Community" UMC: Accounting Assistant
Date Posted: 2/25/2023
St. Luke "Community" UMC, Dallas, TX
The Accounting Associate will do the following:
- provide accurate, timely and accessible financial information that will help our team make well-informed financial decisions
- Own key accounting responsibilities including but not limited to accounts payable, 3rd party payroll processing and monthly close out procedures.
- Report and work closely with the CFO in several key areas
This persons should be:
- an insightful self-starter with great organizational skills
- one who pays attention to details
- one who has 3 years of accounting experience
- Process all accounts payable activities making that transactions are processed timely and accurately.
- Reconcile all credit cards monthly
- Assist in monthly close out by preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain accurate vendor records by adding/changing/purging vendor records.
- Prepare and distribute 1099's and file them with the IRS
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from vendors, customers, etc. to resolve concerns or discrepancies.
- Have or develop an in depth knowledge of accounting software platforms.
- Assist with software platform conversions and implementation.
- Assist in preparation of reports and other documentation as required for the annual audit.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- At least two years of experience
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in accounts payable and the general ledger
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel)
Benefits: Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday, day shift
Salary: $19 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: All are required to wear a mask and follow all protocol. Must be fully vaccinated and be able to show proof prior to hiring.
How to Apply
Please send resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-887-3923