St. Luke "Community" UMC: Accounting Assistant
Date Posted: 7/15/2021
St. Luke "Community" UMC, Dallas, TX
The Finance Clerk (Accounts Payable) performs Accounts Payable functions and other accounting functions according to the established accounting procedures. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. This role provides financial and clerical support to process financial data and reports for the Church. The clerk provides support services as needed to ensure that the total operation of church finance meets the needs of the St. Luke congregation.
- Processes and verifies invoices submitted for payment to ensure accurate payment in a timely manner.
- Performs all regular duties associated with the preparation of payroll to include calculations of hours work, distribution of time cards, maintaining leave and absence transactions, distribution of paychecks in accordance with standards established by the Church Administrator's office and Personnel Committee.
- Receive, verify, record and process invoices, purchase requisitions and expense reports and accurately records all transactions in the accounting system and budget documents.
- Prepares check runs on a weekly basis and ensures that each purchase order has the proper supporting documentation, required authorizing signatures that can be legibly read.
- Processes all check requests for payments and reimbursements.
- Issue checks according to schedules of Church Finance procedures.
- Performs monthly reconciliation of vendor statements to balance sheet accounts; maintains monthly vendor statement file for review as well as vendor files.
- Researches and responds to vendor inquiries as needed.
- Communicates with suppliers regarding errors or questions on invoices.
- Reconciles all applicable balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis with journal entries as required and maintains.
- Maintains the file of paid invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Compensation: $15-$18 per hour plus medical and dental benefits with time off
- Minimum typing 65WPM with accuracy and transcribing experience.
- Strong computer skills are imperative (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- Proficiency in the use of standard office tools (copier, fax, etc.).
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to Associate Minister Sharon Larkin at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-887-3923