St. Andrew UMC: Student Ministry Summer Interns
Date Posted: 4/27/2021
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
St. Andrew UMC is looking for 2-4 college students who have a passion for building relationships with teenagers to serve as Summer Interns for the Student Ministry. Our ministry is built on getting middle school and high school students plugged in during the summertime, and our Summer Interns play a major role in making that happen.
Typical Work Week Hours:
- Sunday: 8:30 AM – Noon
- Monday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Tuesday: 10 AM – 4 PM
- Wednesday: 10 AM– 4 PM
- Thursday: 10 AM – 1 PM
From leading Bible studies and Sunday messages, planning and implementing summer activities, and connecting and building deep relationships with students, we strive to create a hands-on and impactful ministry internship experience.
Start Date: May 17
End Date: August 8
Compensation: $300 a week
- Create and Build Relationships. The primary goal for the summer interns is for you to be in relationships with students and help them feel connected and welcomed within the student ministry, which enables growth in their faith.
- Plan and Execute Summer Programming. We view the summer as the main entry point where students get involved in the student ministry. If they aren’t around during the summer, then they likely won’t be during the school year. So, we offer a lot of trips and events where they can be in community together. Our two big trips are Mission Trip & Camp Impact. We also have weekly events both at the church and offsite. These programs and events take a lot of planning and work to be effective and the interns are critical in implementing these events.
- Promotion of Events. Help promote weekly student gatherings and major summer events via social media and self-made videos.
- Administrative Responsibilities. Follow up with visitors and invite them to programs and events. Make phone calls and recruit volunteers for trips as needed.
- Summer Projects. Work on major ministry projects as a team throughout summer.
How to Apply
Email a resume to Student Ministry Director Michael Agnew at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 281-808-7411