St. Andrew UMC: Production Director
Date Posted: 9/13/2021
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Communications and Technology, the Production Director constructs creative elements which enhance worship. This position works with a diverse group of employees with varying degrees of technical knowledge who focus on content creation. The Production Director must be able to communicate effectively with this broad range of users. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. This position works both independently and within a team to respond to the technical and creative needs of St. Andrew.
- The primary duty of the Production Director is creating a distraction-free worship environment by ensuring that the equipment, personnel and media products are created, prepared and ready for all production events.
- The Production Director will work both independently and with a team to conceptualize and create media and production assets which are used for church-wide experiences, including weekend services, special events and ministry opportunities.
- This role is responsible for:
- Installing and maintaining all video systems throughout the campus as the primary video engineer
- Working with the Audio Director to maintain all audio systems throughout the campus
- The Production Director will execute the series and event production setups based on creative direction from the team, church vision and church leadership.
- The employee must have a heart for St. Andrew and support the vision of the church while being a team player.
- The Production Director must show or have:
- Meticulous attention to quality and detail
- Graceful flexibility
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- General understanding of audio systems and workflow
- Expert knowledge of video production systems like Ross, Blackmagic and Panasonic
- General understanding of ETC lighting systems and fixtures
- Comfortable operating and setting up rigging systems like drum hoists and chain hoists
- Knowledge of control systems like Extron and Crestron
Supervisory Responsibility: Oversee the production team which includes the full-time, part-time and contract employees as well as volunteers.
Physical Demands: This position would require the ability to move equipment from one location to another and the ability to lift 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a non-exempt position at 36.5 hours per week. The position requires work on most weekends. Office hours will be set but are flexible around morning/evening events or other extra church activities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in technology or higher is preferred
- 4+ years of experience with live event production
- Detailed working knowledge of Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office
- Understanding of rigging and safety
- Set design, construction and demolition experience is preferred
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Traci Hughes, Director of Business Operations, at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-291-8012