St. Andrew UMC: Jr Facilities Maintenance Technician
Date Posted: 5/4/2022
St. Andrew UMC, Plano, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Junior Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for setting up rooms for various events, worship services and special needs. This position requires a large amount of moving tables, chairs and small furniture for events, from large rooms to small setups. This position will also perform general maintenance and other tasks as assigned when all setups are completed or not needed.
A good relationship with Church members, staff and outside groups as a partner in ministry is essential to fulfilling the mission and vision of St. Andrew United Methodist Church.
Experience in a church environment is highly desirable. English/Spanish bilingual would be helpful.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a non-exempt, hourly position for part-time week/weekend coverage, this position is expected to work 20-25hrs/week.
- Room setups of tables and chairs as needed
- Replacement of all filters for HVAC as required
- Remove and properly dispose of all recyclable materials
- Change light bulbs, interior, and exterior, as needed
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Work closely with department administrative assistant
- Work closely with setup crew, event coordinators and sound technicians assigned to outside events
- Maintain a positive rapport with visitors, congregation and staff
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed
- On call maintenance for all facilities in absence of others
- Maintain general cleanliness of the building interior
- Maintain exterior property general cleanliness, including ice/snow removal when needed
- Assist other maintenance personnel in building or remodeling projects, assist in office moves
- Ability to push/lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching as job may require
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Working in high noise levels requiring hearing protection
- Working around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, paints
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills; customer service oriented
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task
Competencies: Microsoft Office Suite, Organized, Flexible, Customer Service Oriented
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
How to Apply
Email a resume to Human Resources at
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Phone: 214-291-8050